Pukka Supreme Matcha Green
‘Christmas knows no greener hue. Pure emerald matcha & whole leaf green tea. Your celestial super powers are now recharged’.
Uhm, one of my favourite teas from Pukka filled with super powers ♥
I think the matcha powder is doing a lot for this tea.
Normally I mostly drink black and white teas. Somehow green tea bores me? 😉
But for health reasons you might consider drinking some of the green stuff everyday…
Just have a look at these benefits!
11 benefits of green tea
- Weight Loss. Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
- Heart Disease. Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
- Esophageal Cancer. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
- Cholesterol. Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It is said to delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
- Tooth Decay. Studies suggests that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions
- Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial. Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
- Skincare. Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage.
Tasting Pukka Supreme Matcha Green
Supreme Matcha Green is a mix of sencha green tea, oothu green tea, suoi gang green tea and matcha powder.
The matcha powder makes this tea drinkable for me. Tastes a lot smoother than normal green tea.
And with the above mentioned benefits, you have no excuse not drinking it 🙂
Quote day 20
By Rumi, (a 13th-century poet of immense talent).
Whether it’s a person or a situation, we’ve all had moments when we felt this urge to distance ourselves from ‘somebody’ or ‘something’ that just didn’t feel right.
We can’t always put our finger on why but that instinct is right and we need to listen to it.
Same thing goes for when we are drawn to a person or a place. The energy that is pulling us is there for a reason. It might not be clear what it is right away but we need to trust it.
Often, with hindsight the reason is obvious so learn to go with it and trust that guidance ♥